Welcome to 6M and 6S
Dear Families of our Year 6 children,
This last year in our school for your children is an important time as they build on all their previous learning and develop their skills. We need your support at home to ensure we meet the high aspirations we all have for them.
To ensure that you are aware of what work your child should be doing outside of the school day, below is an outline.
- English will be linked with our reading and writing.
- Children should read every day for a minimum of 20 minutes. If they find this difficult, try making a family reading time where everyone in the house reads their books.
- The spellings for the week are listed in your child's Weekly Planner. Spelling tests happen every Friday.
- Maths homework will be based on the area being studied that week – This homework will either be on Mathletics or in the CGP books.
- Children are expected to practise times tables and number facts every day
- Those children who are registered on Prodigy maths app should spend time on the website every day so that they can meet their weekly targets.
Children should begin preparing themselves for their SATs as they are taking place in May. It is important that you help your child with the above tasks, in order to give them the best opportunity of succeeding
Please talk with your child every day about what work they should be doing at home and help them to find time and space to complete it.
If you need to discuss anything regarding homework, please arrange to speak to your child's class teacher.
Thank you for your continuing support.
Year 6 Team