Welcome to 2R and 2S
This half term we will be looking at the traditional tale Hansel and Gretel by Anthony Browne.
Using this book, we will be writing:
- A story based on Hansel and Gretel.
- Letters to the characters.
- A non-chronological report on woodland animals.
This term we will be focusing on:
- Writing numbers in numerals and words.
- Counting forwards and backwards in 1s, 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s.
- Partitioning numbers into tens and ones.
- Learning our 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
In Topic we will be learning about different religions and animals in their habitats.
As always we will continue working on:
- Using capital letters and full stops.
- Using the correct punctuation.
- Using conjunctions to extend our sentences.
- Using phonics to help with reading.
- Forming our letters correctly and writing on the line.
- Reading confidently.
- Understanding what is being read.
Please remind children to bring their home reading books into school every day.
2R need there PE kits on Monday and Wednesday.
2S need there PE kits on Monday and Wednesday.
Spelling tests will be on Fridays.
Reading books will be changed on Mondays.