Welcome to 2R and 2S
This term we will be reading the story ‘Journey’ by Aaron Becker and linking it to our topic ‘Journeys’ (Transports).
Using this book, we will be:
- Retelling the story and,
- Creating our own stories based on a journey.
This term we will be focusing on:
- Recapping addition and subtraction of two 2 digit numbers.
- Multiplication and Division (2x, 3x, 5x and 10x tables).
- Describing 2D and 3D shapes.
- Finding fractions of shapes and numbers.
This term we will be:
- learning about transports and journeys.
- By the end of this unit children should be able to name different types of transport and create a timeline of old to new transport.
In Science, we will be exploring different materials.
- By the end of this unit children will be able to compare materials.
As always we will continue working on:
- Forming letters correctly and writing neatly on the line.
- Writing sentences that make sense.
- Using capital letters and full stops.
- Using interesting adjectives to describe.
- Using conjunctions to extend our sentences.
- Spellings rules and patterns including homophones.
- Reading fluently and with expression.
- Understanding what is being read.
- Being able to infer and read between the lines how a character may be feeling.
Please sign the reading records regularly and remind children to bring their home reading books into school every day.
PE kits on Monday and Tuesday for 2S
PE kits on Monday and Wednesday for 2R