Welcome to 1B and 1P
We hope you have had a restful summer.
This term our topic is ‘Once upon a time…...’ and we are linking this to materials.
This term we will be working on familiar traditional stories including, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Three Little Pigs and The Three Billy Goats Gruff.
Using these books, we will be:
- writing captions and labels
- retelling and sequencing stories
- role playing
- describing characters using adjectives.
This term we will be focusing on:
- counting and recognising numbers up to 50
- being able to identify tens and ones in some 2 digit numbers
- following patterns and sequencing numbers
- securing number bonds up to 5
We are focusing on our Science topic ‘Everyday Materials’. This is where we will be talking about various household objects and what they are made of. We will talk about the texture of the objects and how we can identify what materials they are made from.
Using our core texts ‘Three Little Pigs’ we will be discussing the materials the Pigs used for their houses.
We will also be working on:
- using finger spaces between words and writing clearly
- reading fluently using sounds to read unfamiliar words
- understanding what has been read.
Home reading books should be brought into school every day and signed at least once a week.
Please remember PE kits on Tuesdays and Thursdays.