Welcome to 6M and 6S
Dear Families of our Year 6 children,
This last year in our school for your children is an important time as they build on all their previous learning and develop their skills. We need your support at home to ensure we meet the high aspirations we all have for them.
To ensure that you are aware of what work your child should be doing outside of the school day, below is a outline.
- Homework for Year 6 children is set every Thursday and should be handed in the following Tuesday.
- We have a detailed programme of homework and an expectation that all children will complete all work set.
- English will be linked with our reading and writing.
- Children should read every day for a minimum of 10 minutes. If they find this difficult, try making a family reading time where everyone in the house reads their books.
- The spellings for the week are listed in your child's Weekly Planner. Spelling tests happen every Friday.
- Please ensure you have signed your child's Weekly Planner every Friday.
- Maths homework will be based on the area being studied that week.
- Everyone is expected to work on TT Rock Star every day for a minimum of 10 minutes (times tables).
- Those children who are registered on Maths Whizz should spend time on the website every day so that they can meet their weekly targets.
Please talk with your child every day about what work they should be doing at home and help them to find time and space to complete it.
If you need to discuss anything regarding homework, please arrange to speak to your child's class teacher.
Thank you for your continuing support
Year 6 Team