Welcome to 2R
This term we will be learning about dinosaurs. We will be reading a range of non -fiction texts and collecting information about a range of dinosuars. This will lead to writing a non- chronological report. We will also be writing poems about dinosaurs.
We will be reading the dinosaur diary and answering a range of comprehension questions.
This term we will be focusing on:
- Money – adding and combining coins.
- Multiplication and Division (2x, 3x, 5x and 10x tables).
- Using arrays and grouping to multiply and divide.
- Understand the inverse relationship between multiplication and division.
- In Topic we will be learning about carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
- By the end of this unit children should be able to identify the basic needs of humans and animals.
- We will be making dinosaur dioramas and fossils.
As always we will continue working on:
- Writing in the past and present tense correctly and consistently.
- Using interesting adjectives particularly focusing on emotions
- Using commas in lists
- Using conjunctions to extend our sentences.
- Spellings rules and patterns including homophones
- Using joined up handwriting starting on the line
- Reading fluently and with expression.
- Understanding what is being read.
- Being able to infer and read between the lines how a character may be feeling.
Please sign the reading records regularly and remind children to bring their home reading books into school every day.
PE kits on Monday and Tuesday