Welcome to 2R
This term we will be learning about plants and how they grow. To begin with we will write an instruction text about how to grow a plant. We will then be looking at deforestation and writing letters on this. Our core text will be Maximus and the Beanstalk and we will go onto write our own stories based on ideas from the book.
This term we will be focusing on:
- Telling the time to the nearest five minutes.
- Constructing and interpreting simple pictograms, tally charts and block diagrams and tables.
- Solving problems involving multiplication and division.
- Recalling the 2,5 and 10 times tables and the corresponding division facts.
- In Topic we will be learning about plants and how they grow.
- By the end of this unit children should be able to conduct experiments and write these up.
- To know what a plant needs to grow and stay healthy.
As always we will continue working on:
- Writing in full sentences using capital letters and full stops.
- Writing in the past and present tense correctly and consistently.
- Using commas in lists.
- Using conjunctions to extend our sentences.
- Spellings rules and patterns including homophones.
- Using joined up handwriting starting on the line.
- Reading fluently and with expression.
- Understanding what is being read.
- Being able to infer and read between the lines how a character may be feeling.
Please sign the reading records regularly and remind children to bring their home reading books into school every day.
PE kits on Monday and Tuesday