Welcome to 1B and 1P
This term our topic is ‘Flower Power’. We will be learning about plants, trees and flowers. Linking this to Science, we will also take this opportunity to grow our own plants.
This term our core text is ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’.
Using this book, (along with others), we will be:
- writing poetry about plants and flowers
- writing instructions on how to grow a plant.
This term we will be focusing on: Time
- using words such as first, next then later to order events
- to tell the time to the hour and half past the hour
We will also be focusing on: Money
- to recognise coins and notes
- to add coins to get a total
We are focusing on our Science topic ‘Plants’. This is where we learn how to grow a plant and what plants need to grow well. The focus will be on the plants and our core text is based on Jack who climbed a huge beanstalk.
As always we will also be working on:
- using finger spaces between words and writing clearly
- using capital letters and full stops correctly
- reading fluently using sounds to read unfamiliar words
- reading tricky words without hesitation
- understanding what is being read
- and ensuring we write neatly on the line.
Home reading books should be brought into school every day and signed at least once a week (please sign this more frequently if you can).
Library books need to be brought into school only on Thursdays.
Please remember PE kits on Tuesdays and Thursdays.